Green roofs are now feasible in sloped applications with Hydrotech's GardNet® option, a growing media confinement component within the Garden Roof(s)® Assembly. GardNet® allows design professionals to expand beyond traditional flat roof applications and put a green roof in places they never could before.
Features of Garden Roof® Assembly for Sloped Applications:
- Depth (3.5” - 13” of growing media)
- Visibility can be an architectural design feature
- Suitable for convex, concave and other complex slopes
- Accomodates up to 12:12 pitch (45º)
- Beyond 3:12 requires special engineering
- Vegetation options - plugs with GardMat® or InstaGreen® Sedum Carpet or InstaGreen® Sedum Tile or lawn sod
- Requires maintenance depending on vegetation selection
Architects and owners are no longer limited to designing for flat green roof applications. Hydrotech’s Garden Roof® Assembly can now conform to irregular slopes and undulating roofs. For roof slopes greater than 3:12 and with soil depths of 3½ to 13 inches, a GardNet® soil confinement system must be utilized.
Contact Hydrotech for specific requirements.