Careers @ Hydrotech
American Hydrotech has openings for several positions. For consideration, please send an email with your resume and cover letter to the address listed for the position you are applying. Please no phone calls.
Garden Roof Technical Representative
Broad Function and Purpose of Position: The Technical Representative for the Garden Roof Department of Hydrotech will be responsible for assisting the sales force in closing Sales.
- Assisting the Hydrotech sales force in closing sales of vegetated roof projects by providing Garden Roof technical support of varying types.
- This position involves extensive travel during the spring, summer and fall as vegetated roofs are actively being installed and serviced
- Providing support to the Hydrotech sales efforts, including calling on customers (architects, contractors and building owners) with the sales team for meetings and presentations as required.
- Assistance and leadership in numerous Garden Roof Department projects including (but not limited to) new vegetated roof plant investigations, plant nutrition and growing media dynamics.
- Provide guidance on green roof specific topics in territory such as wind design, stormwater calculations, etc.
- Coordination with Hydrotech’s Garden Roof suppliers of plant materials, growing media blends and related vegetated roof elements.
- Assistance in resolving any Garden Roof related issues that occur with projects within territory.
- Self-starter who is an active team player with good verbal, phone, presentation and written communication skills.
- 2 to 8+ years of progressively increasing experience is desired.
- A Landscape Architecture, Horticulture or similar degree with expertise in plant materials. A background in construction or landscape operations would be an asset .
- Detail oriented and good with numbers, organized and enjoy being a part of a very fast-paced business environment in which multi-tasking is the daily norm.
- Computer skills needed include Microsoft Office package, concentrating on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. AutoCAD experience is desired.
- Adequate vision (depth perception, peripheral vision, close up vision)
- Ability to climb ladders (occasionally) and stairs
- May be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at time of roof walks
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds (marketing material, samples)
Please follow the link below to submit your resume:
American Hydrotech is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you and all other persons without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, citizenship status, age, veteran status or disability.