Green Roofs in Sloped Applications
Green roofs are now feasible in sloped applications with Hydrotech's Garden Roof® Assembly, allowing design professionals to expand beyond traditional flat roof applications and put a green roof in places they never could before.
In addition, a sloped Garden Roof Assembly can be designed for visibility and viewing from a wider range of locations, not just standing on the roof. Slopes ranging from 2:12 up to 12:12 are possible for extensive and limited intensive applications, provided the appropriate measures are taken to cope with the shear forces and soil retention. Contact Hydrotech for specific requirements.
Features of Garden Roof® Assembly for Sloped Applications:
- Depth (3.5” - 13” of growing media)
- Visibility can be an architectural design feature
- Suitable for convex, concave and other complex slopes
- Accomodates up to 12:12 pitch (45º)
- Beyond 3:12 requires special engineering
- Vegetation options - plugs with GardMat® or InstaGreen® Sedum Carpet or InstaGreen® Sedum Tile or lawn sod
- Requires maintenance depending on vegetation selection
Architects and owners are no longer limited to designing for flat green roof applications. Hydrotech’s Garden Roof® Assembly can now conform to irregular slopes and undulating roofs. For roof slopes greater than 3:12 and with soil depths of 3½ to 13 inches, a GardNet® soil confinement system must be utilized.