Waterproofing with Monolithic Membrane 6125®
Monolithic Membrane 6125 - Waterproofing
Monolithic Membrane 6125® (MM6125®) is a thick, tough, flexible, self-healing membrane for use in waterproofing. MM6125 is a special formulation of refined asphalts and synthetic rubbers. MM6125 has been successfully used worldwide by leading architects, engineers and owners on all types of horizontal and vertical structures including plazas, parking decks, planters, tunnels, bridges, mud slabs, foundation walls and roof areas...establishing an unbeatable track record of 50 years.
MM6125 has many unique characteristics:
- MM6125 is a thermoplastic material - one component, 100% solids, NO solvents means no on-site cure failures, no two part mixing and no VOC restrictions.
- MM6125 has a minimum 40% recycled content; validated by UL.
- MM6125 conforms to all surface irregularities and bonds tenaciously to an acceptable substrate (i.e., concrete, steel, wood, etc.) eliminating lateral migration of water.
- MM6125 is completely monolithic, no seams!
- MM6125 is typically installed at 215 mils thick in the Fabric Reinforced Assembly. This is more than three times thicker than most other waterproofing membranes. Thickness is an important benefit in that MM6125 exhibits the ability to self-heal and better accommodate developing cracks in a concrete substrate.
- MM6125 can be installed at temperatures as low as 0 °F (provided the substrate is clean, dry, free of snow and frost).
- MM6125 detailing is simplified, with triple protection at all critical locations.
- MM6125 is ideal for dead level installations; no slope required, just positive drainage.
- MM6125 was developed to perform in a wet (submerged) environment.
- MM6125 tie-ins from one days work to the next is easy, perfect for phased construction.
One of the reasons MM6125 has been so successful in the market place is that MM6125 can only be installed by "trained" authorized Hydrotech applicators. MM6125 is sold direct, not through a distributorship.
- ISO 9001:2015
- CAN/CGSB 37.50-M89 (Canadian General Standards Board)
- Applicable ASTM Test Methods (American Society for Testing and Materials)
- BBA Approval (British Board of Agrément)
- UL Class A Classification (Underwriter Laboratories)
- UL validation of recycled content (Underwriter Laboratories)
- FM Approval (Factory Mutual)
- Dade County, FL Approval
- General Approval - City of Los Angeles
- MEA Approval - City of New York