About American Hydrotech
American Hydrotech, Inc.®, is a recognized leader in the development, production and distribution of premium waterproofing and roofing products. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the company was founded in 1977 after acquiring the United States distribution rights for Monolithic Membrane 6125®, a unique waterproofing membrane developed in the early 1960’s by Uniroyal Ltd. The membrane has been installed worldwide on over 2 billion square feet of roof decks, plazas, vertical foundations, reflecting pools and other structures in over 45 countries.
Today, Hydrotech’s flagship product remains Monolithic Membrane 6125, a hot fluid-applied, rubberized asphalt for waterproofing and roofing applications. MM6125 is thick, seamless, easy to detail and bonds tenaciously to the substrate. The product has been in the marketplace for 50 years, with an unsurpassed performance history
American Hydrotech, Inc. has achieved continued growth through the addition of new products and assemblies and expansion of marketing efforts. Hydrotech products are sold through an extensive network of sales representatives, many of whom are recognized industry-wide as roofing and waterproofing experts. Furthermore, Hydrotech's products are only sold to pre-approved contractors, to ensure quality of workmanship during installation.
Additional products and assemblies available from Hydrotech include:
- Architectural finish pavers as part of the Ultimate Assembly®
- Garden Roof® Assembly, vegetated roofs
- Hydrodrain®, a family of drainage composites
- Hydroflex®, protection materials
- STYROFOAM® brand insulation products
- Hydroguard®, a lightweight insulation/ballast board for Protected Membrane Roof (PMR) applications
- VM60®, a self-adhering waterproofing membrane for vertical applications